Canada is a popular choice among international students due to the country’s amazing natural landscapes, award winning lifestyle and world class education standards. Since we have been recruiting students for Canada, OWG Management and Services has experienced a high visa success rate amongst our clients.

Student visa process

  • Attend a counseling session to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions.
  • Register with OWG Management and Services to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.
  • Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice. At the time of application for admission you will be required to submit several documents including proof of previous academic qualifications and in most cases proof of your English language ability or IELTS. We will also provide you with a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa. We will take the hard work out of tracking the applications by keeping in contact with the institution on your behalf.
  • After submitting your application for admission, you will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the Canadian Government. A list of the approved panel doctors can be found by visiting: .
    You will be provided with a receipt (IMM1017) for the medicals, which you will need to submit at the time of lodging you visa application. The medical report will automatically be sent to the visa office.
  • Organize funds
  • To accept your offer from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee as advised by the institution. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with receipt. This receipt will be needed to lodge your visa application.
  • Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with receipt. This receipt will be needed to lodge your visa application.

We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your passport. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation for Canada!

List of documents required for Canada:

  1. Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
  2. Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
  3. Standardized Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
  4. Two academic references
  5. Two references from employers (where applicable)
  6. Passport sized photographs
  7. Resume/CV
  8. Draft for application fees, if applicable
  9. Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture Courses)
  10. Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities

Note: Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in Canada may vary.

List of Canada Universities

Centennial College Rotman School of Management Ontario Institute for Studies in Education University of Guelph-Humber
Seneca College Schulich School of Business Glendon College Canadian College of Osteopathy
Humber College Osgoode Hall Law School University of St. Michael’s College Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
University of Toronto Tyndale University College & Seminary Canadian Business College Canadian Business College
University of Toronto University of Toronto Scarborough RCC Institute Of Technology University of Toronto Faculty of Information
York University Vanier College at York University Havergal College Trinity College
Ryerson University Chaminade College School University College – University of Toronto Knox College
OCAD University Royal St. George’s College Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine: CCNM The Royal Conservatory of Music
Brock University Emmanuel College Oxford College of Arts, Business and Technology National Academy of Osteopathy
National Academy of Osteopathy CDI College

Work rights during studies

There are two types of work rights that students may be eligible for while studying in Canada – On campus and Off Campus.

  1. Students can work on campus at the institution in which they are enrolled without work permit if they are full time student, holding a valid study permit, at an eligible institution.
  2. A student can apply for an off campus work permit if he/she has been a full-time student, with a valid study permit, at one of the institutions authorized by the canadian government.

In addition, the student must have been a full-time student for at least 6 of the 12 months prior to applying for the work permit and must have achieved satisfactory academic standing.

For both on campus employment and the off campus work permit, students can work up to 20 hours per week during study sessions and full time during vacations.

Post study work rights

If your course duration is less than 2 years but more than 8 months, you will be eligible for work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study.

If your course duration is 2 years or more, you may be eligible for a work permit for up to 3 years.